MRI LIBRARY APPEAL
We at the MRI regret to inform you that our library, an invaluable resource for local and visiting researchers and scholars, has been destroyed. During the typhoon – HATO on 23 August 2017, the MRI lost its entire collection of books due to flooding. In total, our Institute lost approximately 25,000 volumes. We are determined to recover as much of what was lost as possible. Your help in this process is much needed and highly appreciated. Please consider a donation to help restore the MRI library.
MRI Forum - Joseph Ma Xiangbo The John Henry Newman of China? An attempt to rehabilitate an underdog "Father" of Chinese Catholicism
Date: Tuesday 9 April 2019
Time: 6:30 P.M. – 8:15 P.M.
Venue: Gratia Hall, Saint Joseph Seminary, Largo de S. Agostinho, No. 5, Macau
Call For Papers
Please submit papers or an abstract of 500-700 words for consideration to Brian Chao, at: email@example.com, by 27 April 2019. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by 29 June 2019, and at that time will be given a “Style Sheet” with instructions, on the length of the paper, formatting, the use of APA guidelines, and other technical details. The deadline for final papers is 1 October 2019.
- Book Review of 'Macao’s College and Church of St Joseph, Splendour of the Baroque in China'
- Architectural Styles and Identities in Hong Kong: The Chinese and Western Designs for St Teresa’s Church in Kowloon Tong, 1928–32
- Notre-Dame de Sheshan à Shanghai, basilique des jésuites français en Chine, 1867-1936
- Macao and the Jesuits: A Reading Through the Prism of History
- 'A New Chinese Learning' in a Quest for Values
- Matteo Ricci’s Legacy: a Loving Patience
- Trans-cultural Exchanges through Chinese Studies
- Jesuits’ Journeys in Chinese Studies
Tomás Pereira Library
The Macau Ricci Institute library has been named after Fr. Tomás Pereira, S.J. (1645-1708). Father Pereira was a missionary in Beijing and a friend of Qing dynasty emperor Kang Xi (1662-1723).Catalogue
- Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland
- Université d’Artois, France
- Facultés Jésuites de Paris Centre Sèvres, France
- An online database on Jesuit authors, history, spirituality, ministry
- University of International Business and Economics
- Global Ethics Network
- Online Chinese Christianity Collection